ANIMASIVO Mexico City Contemporary Animation Festival 2017
10th INTERNATIONAL ANIMATION CONTEST November 30th – December 3rd, 2017
ANIMASIVO is a platform devoted specically to experimental and independent animation, positioning itself as one of the main platforms focused on this type of animation in Latin America. The contest, which celebrates its tenth edition, continues to focus on presenting the ability of the animated image to subvert, reinvent and explore aesthetics, imaginaries and narrative styles. The intention is to provoke among the participants their curiosity to break, invent and discover new forms of creation leaving the choice of theme to the creativity of the animator.
- All animated pieces, in any technique, may participate as long as their author owns the rights to the work presented.
- All work submitted must have been produced from January 2015 to deadline date. Submission of works previously presented in other festivals, exhibitions and contests is allowed, with the exception of works already submitted in former editions of ANIMASIVO.
- Animators of any nationality may register. – Only one submission per contestant is accepted.
- If the short lm includes dialogues in any dierent language from Spanish please send it with Spanish subtitles or, at least, with English subtitles. – ANIMASIVO’s organizing committee will be in charge of preselecting works
- Applications will be made exclusively online and works must be submitted by email to email@example.com in .mp4 or .mov format, not exceeding 100MB or by sending a viewing link and password to the same email (read registration form). In the email subject you must specify the name of the short lm.
- All submissions must include the corresponding registration form, available at the link http://bit.ly/2syLXUj or on the website: www.animasivo.net.
- Upon receiving a submission, ANIMASIVO will send a confirmation email, the same with the reception of the viewing and screening materials.
- Deadline for submission is September 20th, 2017 at 12:00 am Mexico City hour.
- Awards for best works selected by the jury are:
• Best Mexican Short Film: $20,000 MXN
• Best International Short Film: $20,000 MXN
• Best University Short Film : $10,000 MXN **
• Best Animated Documentary Short Film: $25,000 MXN
* Prizes will be paid before April 2018.
** In order to participate in this category contestants must specify it in the registration form and send their current student ID to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The organizing committee will notify participants if their work has been selected for the offcial selection on October 20th, 2017. Selected participants must send their material in high resolution no later than October 27th 2017.
- All award winners (including mentions) will be selected by a jury of renowned specialists in visual arts and animation; their names will be announced at the website www.animasivo.net after the closure of the call for entries.
- Winning participants will be announced on the day of the contest’s Official Award Ceremony, on December 3rd, 2017, during the 10th edition of the Festival.
- Official ANIMASIVO selection will be screened at Centro Cultural De España en México, main festival’s venue, and other public places in Mexico City to be defined.
- Selection may be screened in different travelling exhibitions of ANIMASIVO by providing an non-exclusive distribution agreement between ANIMASIVO and the author of the shorts.
- Participant’s submission of entry form constitutes his or her agreed consent of the contest’s full submission requirements.
- The Jury will resolve any controversy not included in this Call for Entries.
- For further information please contact us at: email@example.com