The Festival presents the most significant lines of research emerged in recent years in the international audiovisual arts. Over The Real aims to create an opportunity for meeting and promotion for artists who work in the field of video art which favors visibility and contacts with the public, with curators, art critics and cultural institutions.
From this year a section dedicated to Virtual Reality will be open. There will be a selection of 10 single-channel audiovisual works and 5 VR audiovisual works. During the Festival, the artists will present their works through online talks with the participation of important curators and critics.
The selected works will show during the sixth edition of the International Video Art Festival Over The Real will be in Lucca in October 2021.
The works will also be exhibited online on the website www.overthereal.com and on the connected social platforms. In the event of a health emergency situation, due to Covid-19, the Festival could take place entirely online.
To participate in the selection, the organization asks the artists for payment of € 15 as secretary rights and contribution to the realization of the event.
- Each artist or group of artists may submit up to one video work.
- No works are accepted with a date prior to 2020.
- The file should be labeled with title, length, year, and author.
- You can send a download link to the video file.
- The file must be in a standard format currently in use.
- They recommend that the file does not exceed 2GB (two gigabyte) in size, for easy downloading of the video.
- The theme will be free.
- May not be submitted works that have been presented in previous editions of Over The Real.
DATE OF DELIVERY
- Works can be submitted by download link until 11.59 pm on 30 May 2021.
- The Festival by mid-July 2021 will send a confirm email to every artists whose works will be accept.