PRISMA festival was established in 2019 and is organized by Teatro Aveirense and the Aveiro City Council. It takes light as its raw material, creating a script of artistic works in the public space. The festival combines several works of contemporary art, including projections, installations and shows of sound and light, presented in various spaces in the city, inviting everyone to the exploration and (re) discovery of the city through a new light. The festival also makes an important contribution to the growth of the creative industries in Aveiro, with actions that promote cooperation between creatives, students, artists and companies. It also wants to make a contribution to good environmental management, drawing attention to energy efficiency and inviting the use of soft modes of mobility.
The main theme of PRISMA 2021 is “BALANCE“.
PRISMA is purely OUTDOOR festival lasting 2 days [Friday and Saturday 8pm - 12pm + public rehearsal on Thursday]. Windy climate in this region needs to be taken into consideration for the proposals.
Locations for PRISMA festival usually cover these areas of the city: Beira Mar, Praça da República, Praça Marquês de Pombal, Parque Infante Dom Pedro, Parque de Santo António, Aveiro Central Water Chanel and sometimes it can reach the Aveiro Train Station.
Proposals on these kind of artworks will be assessed:
- outdoor illuminating object, video projection or any other light source that illuminates an existing building or space
- outdoor interactive installations engaging the audience
- outdoor illuminating statues, gadgetsor similar artworks
Proposals on these kind of artworks will not be assessed:
- large scale videomapping projects [within PRISMA they organize a sub-project School of Videomapping where open call for students will be published under the banner of capacity building and work with local talents]
- life performances [limits due to pandemic]
Deadline for proposals: 14 May 2021
Complete proposals based on requirements above shall be submitted via email firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 14 May 2021 .