5 Continents 10 VJs
Duration: an hour
Saturday, 28 June 2014 | 18:00 > 19:00 2014-06-28T18:00:00.000Z | Meeting room
5 continents 10 VJs: a comparison between different cultural approaches. Education (academic and DIY); languages and content offered in relation to the environment and social context in which these artists express themselves; technological innovations and tools available.
- Tzeshi Lei is a multi-dimensional artist from Taiwan and currently based in Cologne, Germany. She works as a new media performance artist and sound artist, also making animation, installation, mixed-media graphic and audio-visual compositions in experimental ways, making personal expressions into experienceable manifestation which resonate with places, spaces and living beings.
- I am an Australian born new media artist based in Melbourne, Australia and Kristiansand, Norway. I create works of printed, projected and digitally sculpted installation. For the past ten years my practice has been solely focused on the phenomenon of the dark ride; an element of theme park culture originating at the turn of last century. Forgotten dark rides such as ghost trains and haunted houses from this era offer huge inspiration. Where...
- My work is a juxtaposition of live-action footage, psychedelic animations and time-lapses of natural processes. I love all things beautiful and strange.
- I'm VJ for 12 years and nowadays I work with one Crew Called PixxFluxx. I`m work too events of visual arts and have too a blog about this.
- Current member of Metamind Visual. Diego works as an experimental AV artist. Always looking forward to develop narratives based on a concept or specific themes, most of the times related to reflexive thinking.
- Ahmet Said Kaplan (b.1986) is a self developed visual artist, motion grapher and art director, specialising in animation and digital art. He makes videos and animations since 2003 and his body of work has been screened in urban and foreign film festivals. Currently, he focused on interactive media, live visuals, projection mapping. He is co-founder of DECOL Collective and still attending his education at Istanbul Bilgi University VCDMFA department.
- Yarkus Ukrainian media artist works with audio visual performances, light installations, video mapping and interactive installations, motion design and sound art. Did video installations at such festivals as Burning Man, SvitloFest, LPM - Live Performance Meeting, BYOB, Signal Festival, Circle of Light, Berlin Light Festival, Visual Brasil, Kazantip, Global Gathering, I:O Art Residence and many others, founder of Carbon Media Art Laboratory and audio visual art label - the Sound Eye. Takes an active part in activities of Ukrainian...
- Artist from Israel. Works on projects that extends from painting, paper cuts, sculpture, kinetic sculpture, animation and v.j. visual performance.
Software: Maya, After Effects, Resolume, Alchemy, Pure Data, Vvvv.
- Always looking for alternatives to the usual combo laptop & midi controller, I enjoy experimenting with unexpected hardware devices such as a Game Boy Advance, a Playstation 2, and now a Raspberry Pi.
- Nikky is a fictional character and multi disciplinary artist working with performance video and projection, using her body as a medium of transformation.
She has been developing since 20 years her unique language, combining the notion of flexible identity and role play in her various performances and audio visual
Fascinated by light and images, she questions the body and its interactions to the environment, the social context and the definition of art as an extension of the self, shaping the space in...